Spread: Celtic Cross Spread
March 8, 2007 § Leave a comment
Here’s a really good description of the Celtic Cross spread. It also has three examples of how it’s used, following one story. The following is an excerpt from this website.
(card 2 is crossed over card 1)
Here is one approach to interpreting the Celtic Cross.
- Look at the six cards of the Circle/Cross section. They show what is going on in your life at the moment of the reading.
- Examine the cards in pairs, perhaps in the following order:
* Look at Cards 1 and 2 to find out the central dynamic.
* Look at Cards 3 and 5 to find out what is going on within you at different levels.
* Look at Cards 4 and 6 to see how people and events are flowing through your life.
From these six cards, create a description of your immediate situation.
- Consider the Staff section of the spread, perhaps in this order:
* Look at Cards 7 and 8 to find out how more about the relationship between you and your environment.
* Look at Card 10 – the projected outcome. How do you feel about it? What does it say to you?
- Review the cards to discover the factors leading to the outcome. See if one card stands out as key. Also:
* Compare the projected outcome (Card 10) to a possible alternative outcome (Card 5).
* Consider how the near future (Card 6) contributes to the projected outcome (Card 10).
* See if Card 9 tells you something you need to know. Do you have a hope or fear that is relevant?